Heritage Rose growing in my Garden.


"Won't you come into my garden? I would like my roses to meet you!"

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Visit to The American Rose Garden

On my trip last week to Texas, I passed The American Rose Gardens in Shreveport Louisiana.
On my return, I stopped! 
I took pictures of Roses I wanted to remember.
So I took a picture of the Rose name after taking a picture of the Rose.  Clever, huh?
No surprise that I love this Rose!
My Granddaughter was my traveling companion.  Not only did she visit the garden with absolutely NO Complaining.... she enjoyed it!  A girl after my own heart!
I wanted to remember how this Trellis was made.  I love it and it looks pretty simple to make.  
We were told that we had "Missed" it!! Meaning the Grand Bloom.  
But there was plenty to make me happy!
Love this White Rose.
My Granddaughter was pleased that one of my favorite Roses at the garden is named after her!!  
Beautiful Rose on my list.

No Surprise it is a David Austin Rose!
Isn't this such a delicate rose?
All of them smelled so sweet!
We did a fair amount of walking around but we didn't arrive until noon and it was just too hot to see it all.  I hear October is another good time to see the fall Grand Bloom, so maybe I will see the rest then.

Thanks for coming along with me!

I can check this off my to do/see/experiance someday  - "List of Dreams"!!

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie I bet you had a wonderful time being among all of those roses. Wow, what a pretty place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment and taking us on a tour of the rose garden. They are all so beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24