Heritage Rose growing in my Garden.


"Won't you come into my garden? I would like my roses to meet you!"

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Tale of The Passion Vine

Passion Flower.
As I visit different blogs, I find that the Passion Flower doesn't always look like mine.  Similar, but not the same!

My Passion Vine has become a very popular eatery in my neighborhood.  These little critters are all over it and my vine is looking really chewed up!

But this is the reward!
A friend was in my garden a couple of weeks ago and she told me she felt like she was in a Disney movie with all the butterflies flitting about.

The two previous pictures were taken a little earlier in the season.  Right now, I am getting the odd flower mostly up high where I can't get a photo.  I am wondering just how long it will keep going with our cooler weather.  And just how long is Butterfly season anyway?

Look!!  This is a fruit (?) on my Passion Vine.  Can you eat them , I wonder?

Love our long growing season!!

4 comments:

  1. Howdy, this Ozark farm chick jumped over from Sandy's place and am so glad I did. We had a neighbor lady who broke a leg who was always sayin'..."I hate it with a purple passion." I searched high and low to find this gal a 'purple passion' to take to the hospital for her.

    I found this info on the passion fruit. It is edible and this will tell ya how to harvest it and use it.

    http://plantfiles.info/interesting-plants/when-is-the-passion-fruit-ready-to-eat

    Gee, that was suppose to be a link for ya. Sorry!

    From the beautiful hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the unique flowers on Passion Vines. I did not know that the Butterflies liked them too. Just another reason to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen one of these in person- only through your blog and I love it! Thanks for posting photos of your wonderful garden!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie, I just wanted to thank you for your visit and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride!!!

    God bless ya and in the words of that crazy old Granny Clampett, "ya'll come back now, ya hear!!!"

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24