Heritage Rose growing in my Garden.


"Won't you come into my garden? I would like my roses to meet you!"

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Visit With A Friend in the Country

My friend has a wonderful owl in her garden.  It's a Bobble Head!  When the wind blows it, the head moves around.  Scares the birds right off her vegetables.
I love this owl!!

She has a Lemon tree and two Satsuma trees.  She has so much fruit that she gives it away generously.  Lucky me!

I am a Bird Bath lover!  This one is especially pretty.

Her house backs up to a Sugar Cane field.
Now, that's country!!

I brought her Roses from my garden.  She had enough to fill two vases and this is a picture of one of them.  I love having enough Roses in my garden to share!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what pretty roses! I think I need one of those owls for my porch.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I absolutely LOVE roses. My favourite flowers, I think.

    We've planted lots in our garden but they're not very big at the moment....so not even enough for us, let alone to share!

    One of my favourite's is David Austen's Gertrude Jekyll. Here's my post on this beauty, if you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24