Heritage Rose growing in my Garden.


"Won't you come into my garden? I would like my roses to meet you!"

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Maggie The Rose in my Front Garden!

Isn't she Beautiful??   Maggie.

Did any of you pick up on the title "Maggie The Rose"?  I always think of the old move Cat on A Hot Tin Roof with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor.  Elizabeth Taylor is Maggie The Cat

Most of you are just looking confused!


I put up a trellis so Maggie can be  a Pillar Rose. 

I have a Maggie Rose in the Back Garden and I loved her so much I wanted one in my Front Garden too.  She loves it out here in the sun.

Maggie Rose has a slight sweet  smell too, which I love.

Very Old Fashioned looking but so hardy.


She lives in the left corner behind the Lantana.

This is what my Front Garden looked like a little more than a month ago.

You have to be fast to not miss something in your garden!

3 comments:

  1. Maggie is very pretty. She does have that old rose look to her. Amazing how your garden has grown in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie is sure beautiful! If I had more room I would plant it too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reference to Tennessee Williams. I'm excited to get my Louisiana fix visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24