Heritage Rose growing in my Garden.


"Won't you come into my garden? I would like my roses to meet you!"

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ma Perkins Rose

I bought this Rose  3 years ago when I visited The Antique Rose Emporium in Texas.  
The Roses I bought were ones that were in bloom and I couldn't resist.
Ma Perkins was one.

It is a smallish bush.

It is a pretty  Rose .  And smells nice too.

Funny name, though!

It has not been a spectacular Rose.  Flowers off and on all summer in pretty soft Roses.  Never  has a great show but bugs don't bother it much.  Black Spot can sometimes be a problem more than other Roses in my garden.  It is almost like it has just not taken off.  But three years!   What you see above IS the spring show! 

However, it is pretty enough that I am always delighted when it blooms and have no regrets that it takes up space in my Rose Garden.

Joining Tootsie today to Flaunt my Flowers!

5 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a fragrant rose.
    Happy Friday
    hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! What lovely roses! Thanks for sharing, Paula from Idaho
    http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet Ma Perkins! ;) She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful rose! Lovely blog! Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have issues trying to grow roses...they never do well for me...not sure if it is the soil, or the gardener...but I still try! lol
    I love the one you shared today...very pretty indeed!
    thanks for linking in this week...hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24